Recipe: Perfect Cheese scone with 680x482 Resolution
Cheese scone. Indulge in some cheese scones for afternoon tea or as part of a picnic. Cheddar cheese is the go-to cheese for this scone recipe. The perfect savoury cheese scone recipe – best eaten warm spread liberally with butter!
This classic cheese scone recipe shows you how easy these baked goods are to make, whether for snacking or part of a traditional afternoon tea. Crumbly, cheesy and incredibly moreish – there's not much to dislike about. Scones are a type of yeast-free bread similar to biscuits. You can have Cheese scone using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cheese scone
- It’s 150 of self raising flour, extra for dusting.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 30 g of cold butter, cut into small cubes.
- Prepare 40-50 ml of milk, plus 2 tbsp for glazing.
- You need Pinch of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 80 g of grated cheese.
- You need 1/2 tsp of sugar.
They are popular in the United Kingdom, and are often served at tea time with jams, cream, butter, and other sweet or savory toppings. I think all scones are best served slightly warm. but if they're not going to be eaten straight away then store them in an airtight container or freeze once they're completely cold. Cheese scones do it all – everything from a delicious savory breakfast to a comforting side to soup. Check out these top-rated cheese scone recipes, made with everything from Cheddar to Parmesan.
Cheese scone step by step
- Preheat oven to 180c. Sift flour, salt and pepper and baking powder into a mixing bow..
- Add cubes of butter and sugar in the mixing bowl and use your fingertips to combine into breadcrumbs. Add some grated cheese in and rub together gently. Try not to mix too much as you want some air in the scone..
- Make a well in the middle of the mixing bowl. Add some milk in halt at first and start to mix it up from inside. Add more milk and form it into rough dough. You may need more milk or less so need to have your eye judgment on here. It shouldn’t be too wet and look like rough dough..
- Light flour a surface and roll out the dough to about 2 cm thick. Cut out the scones with your prefer size cutter. I use about 8cm cutter..
- Put the scones on baking paper, glaze with some milk and can top it with some cheese. Put in the oven for 15-20 min to bake..
These little cheesy scones are perfect to serve any time of the day. Three cheese scones are nice and soft in the middle and full of cheesy flavors. I've loved cheese scones since I was a little girl. A light and fluffy Cheese Scone is a very, very delicious thing. So delicious that every time I bite into one warm and slathered with the obligatory salted butter, I actually swoon.
DISCLAIMER: This image is provided only for personal use. If you found any images copyrighted to yours, please contact us and we will remove it. We don't intend to display any copyright protected images.